History is filled with people who, in one way or another, changed the world in some way. In honor of Martin Luther King, Jr day, here is a list of ten people worth writing about.
1. Martin Luther King, Jr., civil rights activist who helped bring the indignity of racism and discrimination to the public fore.
2. Mahatma Gandhi, a political and spiritual leader in India and the India Independence movement.
3. Paul Lauterbur and Peter Mansfield, inventers of the magnetic resonance imaging or better known as the MRI.
4. Bill Gates, owner of Microsoft
5. Rosalind Franklin, physicist and crystallographer contributed to the Crick and Watson’s model of DNA by producing a clear x-ray of a strand of DNA.
6. Tim Berners-Lee, inventor of the world wide web, the first web browser, server and editor.
7. Mikhail Gorbachev, a Russian politician who helped to bring an end to Communism in Russia.
8. Esther Hobart Morris, a leader in the women’s suffrage movement. She was the first woman to serve as a Justice of the Peace in the US.
9. Abraham Lincoln, sixteenth president of the US. Several measures that he passes resulted in the abolition of slavery.
10. Leonardo Da Vinci, a Renaissance man who’s painting, journals and various inventions survive him to influence the world today.