In honor of the New Year, this week’s set of writing prompts will focus on new beginnings.
1. What does it mean to reinvent oneself?
2. What is life like after a divorce?
3. If you have ever owned a business, describe what your opening day was like.
4. Take one of your New Year’s resolutions and create a plan of action to achieve it.
5. Describe a time in your (or someone else’s) life when you (or they) had to start over. What lessons did you learn from that?
6. Describe what the world feels like after a torrential rain storm.
7. Write a story about the first set of people to settle on Mars.
8. A character who was wrongfully convicted of a crime is finally vindicated and released after 20 years in jail.
9. A garbage man leaves his secure job with waste management to pursue his dream of being a private eye. Write about his first case.
10. It is the first day of work for a woman who unwittingly is working for the boss from hell. Literally.