Most writing prompts challenge you to begin a story based on a premise. Today we are going to do things a little bit backwards. You can write the story however which way you want but the story has to end with one of the following lines.
1. And that’s the last time she ever got involved with an elephant trainer.
2. He decided to run off and join the circus.
3. Despite all the evidence, he was found innocent by reason of insanity.
4. The door closed and with it the hope for world peace.
5. “And that,” Pandora said, “is why you should always label your boxes.”
6. They swung together in the porch swing confident that their love for each other would see them through anything life could throw at them.
7. He should have just said no.
8. They rode off into the moonless night uncertain that they would see the dawn.
9. “Here’s to one thousand more,” he said raising his glass.
10. The diamond in her stiletto heel winked at him as she walked down the hall.
11. Shamed, he ducked his head and never spoke another word for the rest of his life.
12. It was the best night of her life.
13. And he lived happily ever after.
Happy Writing 🙂